Thursday, December 22, 2016 • Recipes
This is the most PERFECT breakfast for Christmas morning! With the gingerbread spices, warm syrup, butter, and just enough eggnog to make it fun, it’s a textbook complement to presents, family, and Christmas joy.
3 C. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
½ Tbsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt
¾ C. white sugar
1 C. milk
½ C. eggnog
1 C. molasses
½ C. melted butter
1 C. Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your waffle iron to your desired setting.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until the consistency is thick and foamy. Small bubbles should form on the top of the mixture.
4. Add the milk, eggnog, and molasses to the egg mixture and beat together until just combined. Do not over-beat.
5. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring as you go. Then, slowly fold the melted butter into the mixture.
6. Spray your hot waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, and follow your manufacturer’s instructions to make sure your waffles are cooked to perfection. Bon appetite!
To make the syrup:
1. Pour maple syrup into a microwave-safe container and heat for 15 seconds at a time until the syrup is warm/ hot to touch.
2. Add butter, vanilla extract, and salt to the maple syrup and stir until well combined.
3. Serve with the waffles and enjoy! We’ve found that you won’t even need to butter the waffles when you use this syrup – it does the job for you!
Note: Since it’s Christmas morning, we highly recommend serving these waffles with mimosas, or maybe even a delicious cup of spiked coffee. In addition, the dry mix and sauce are easy to place into a Mason jars for easy gifting! Just include instructions for making the waffles. Not everyone has a jar of molasses in their pantry either, so we recommend including this in your gift. Place the jars in a gift basket along with some fresh fruit and orange juice, and your neighbors will thank you!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We guarantee your satisfaction. If you or your recipients are not 100% satisfied, simply let us know and we'll make it right!
Shop with confidence