Thursday, April 21, 2016 • cheese, ham, Recipes
1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 lb. deli-sliced ham
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unroll the crescent dough onto a floured cutting board. If you're using "presliced" crescent rolls, be sure to press together the perforated seams so that it forms a solid rectangle.
3. Brush the surface of the dough with the olive oil, and top with your shredded cheese. Lay the ham slices flat on top of the cheese until the dough is completely covered.
4. From the longer end of the rectangle, roll up your dough and pinch the ends so it holds itself together. Make sure to roll it as tight as possible, otherwise, your pinwheels could fall apart!
5. To slice the rolls into circles, you can either use a very sharp knife, or you can use the handy trick shown here. Simply wrap a thin string around where you'd like to cut, twist at the top, pull tight, and watch it slice right through the dough.
6. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and lay your rolls flat on their sides.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk your egg and use a pastry brush to lightly brush your egg wash around the edges of your crescent rolls. You can sprinkle salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, or whatever sounds good at the moment to add a bit of additional flavor. 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
There are so many ways to make these rolls -- simply add garlic, crumbled bacon, pesto, you name it. Try your hand at these pinwheels and let us know your favorite flavor combo!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We guarantee your satisfaction. If you or your recipients are not 100% satisfied, simply let us know and we'll make it right!
Shop with confidence