The Perfect Bruschetta
3 Roma tomatoes
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/3 Cup Basil, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Addl. Clove Garlic
1. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces; don't worry about being consistent, some of the best bruschetta is chunky and packed with flavor!
2. Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper (optional) in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well-blended. Set aside for now.
3. Slice the baguette into thin slices at an angle, like we've done here, which gives you more surface area.
4. Lay your bread slices flat on a baking sheet and lightly toast in an oven (or toaster oven) at 350 degrees.
5. When your bread is just toasted enough to hold up a hearty bruschetta topping, remove from the oven. You can butter the bread or rub the tops of each piece with another clove of garlic to add an extra level of flavor.
6. Top the toasts with your tomato mixture and serve at room temperature.