Spirit of Giving Scholarship
Wine Country Gift Baskets Spirit of Giving Scholarship
Each year Wine Country Gift Baskets awards annual scholarships to three well-deserving students displaying the spirit of giving. The Wine Country Gift Baskets Spirit of Giving Scholarship is our way of encouraging acts of kindness, service and giving so they remain an important part of our future.
We are happy to award a scholarship of $1,000 to three winners.
High school seniors and current college students planning to attend college or another form of post-secondary education for the full school year following the submission period are eligible to apply. Eligible institutions include but are not limited to four-year universities, community colleges, institutes of technology and accredited credential or certificate programs.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Planning to attend school in the following school year at an institution within the US.
- Not an employee or family member of Wine Country Gift Baskets or Houdini Inc.
- Not a previous winner of this scholarship.
Applicants are required to submit all of the following:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming school year. Incoming freshman can provide a copy of the acceptance letter and a supporting document showing they have started a relationship with the school.
- Submission essay 500-750 words on one of the following topics:
- How have you advanced the spirit of giving in your community or abroad either through service or in giving?
- How has the spirit of giving affected you personally?
- How will your college or post-secondary education allow you to be of service to others or give to others?
Submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach documents that meet the above requirements in .doc, .docx or .pdf format and add Scholarship or Spirit of Giving to your subject line.
A committee of three individuals at Wine Country Gift Baskets will review applications and essays to determine how the scholarship can best be represented and used.
Timeline (repeated annually)
Application opens: October 1
Application deadline: July 31
Scholarship winners announced: Second Tuesday of August
Scholarship checks mailed: By end of August
- A. Traykova from Georgia
- D. Woollard from Texas
- S. Applegate from North Carolina
- A. Kumar from Minnesota
- B. Shive from North Carolina
- A. Blomenkamp from California
- K. Tatro from Michigan
- A.G. Cespedes from Florida
- T. Nolan from Texas
- S. Diamond from Colorado
- P. McKay from Idaho
- C. Aleman from Florida
- N. Romero from Oregon
- N. Ware from Michigan
- H. Kim from Oregon