Commitment to the EnvironmentWine Country Gift Baskets has been actively working to reduce our carbon footprint and we are committed to working with our partners to minimize our environmental impact. A few of our most recent initiatives include:
- Reducing all packaging materials used and actively switching to those suppliers that use 100% recycled materials.
- Our new bubble wrap is made from 40% recycled material and is 100% recyclable.
- Our new corrugated boxes are made from at least 60% recycled material. Many are now made from 100% recycled material board; we hope to have all boxes here soon.
- Our new protective cushioning material (air bag) is 100% recyclable. Many are now bio-degradable; we hope to have all airbags here soon.
- Reducing the amount of transportation used to transport supplies and baskets which has lowered our emissions and fuel use.
- Consistently using internal recycling programs for plastics and corrugate to recycle more than 95% of all used packaging materials.
- Sending less printed catalogs and increasing more efficient electronic communications.
- Printing on catalog paper from U.S. mills that operate under some of the best environmental specifications in the U.S: nearly 84% of the energy used to make paper at these mills comes from carbon-neutral, renewable biomass; over 73% of the wood fiber procured by the mill comes from sources certified to one of the credible, third-party certification programs in North America. Only 10% of global forests are certified to credible, third-party programs; these certification programs promote responsible forestry management practices and help confirm that they are indeed sourcing a renewable resource, wood fiber from sustainably managed forests.
- Printing all of our catalogs in the USA by an EPA partner in the Climate Leaders, Energy Star and SmartWay Transport Programs with ink that contains 27% renewable content.