Pomegranate, Fig, and Goat Cheese Flatbread
1 Pizza Crust
Butternut Squash, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Crumbled Goat Cheese
1 Tbsp. Melted Butter
1. Preheat oven according to Pizza Crust baking instructions, and place your oven rack in the center of your oven.
2. Prepare your caramelized onions, but add butternut squash and olive oil to the pan 10-15 minutes before the onions have finished cooking. The squash should be softer, but still a little firm.
3. Lay an even layer of fig jam on your pizza crust, and follow with caramelized onion and squash mixture, goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds. Bake in oven until crust is browned and goat cheese is 'melty', about 15-20 minutes.
4. While pizza is cooking, use the same pan you used for the onions and squash to prepare the sage leaves. Don't wash the pan in between, as you want the flavored oil! Melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat in the same pan and add the sage leaves, "flash" cooking them for 2-3 minutes, and remove.
5. Once your pizza is done cooking, remove from the oven and top with sage leaves and additional pomegranate seeds if desired. Enjoy!