Tuesday, June 18, 2019 • Recipes
It's finally Summer! We can't complain from way out West in sunny So Cal, but we know many of you have been counting down the days until the sun peaked through those clouds and your friends started planning potlucks and bonfires. We were so excited that we pulled together some of our seasonal favorites, all perfect for warm weather and fresh feasts. So gather up the avocados, berries, fresh fish and the like, and get ready to impress at your next BBQ!
Paleo-Friendly BLT Avocados
If you're looking to eat fresh and healthy this Summer, these lean and clean BLT avocados are about to become a lunch staple!
2 Bacon slices, cooked and chopped
1/2 C. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 C. Lettuce (iceberg or romaine), chopped
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine your bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
2. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Using the hole from the pit as a starting point, widen the "bowl" you're creating in the avocado slightly to accommodate for as much of the filling as you'd like to include.
3. Scoop the BLT mixture into your avocado bowl, and serve immediately.
Teriyaki Chicken Wonton Tacos
Something about tacos just screams Summer, and these teriyaki tacos are no exception. Treat yourself to this fresh and tangy alternative to your favorite guilty-pleasure Mexican cuisine.
15 Wonton Wrappers
1 lb. Chicken Breasts, cubed
1 C. Slaw Mix 1/4 C. Red onion, chopped
1/4 C. Green onions, chopped
1/4 C. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp. Salt
1. Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, salt, and chicken in a large Ziploc bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, drizzle with olive oil then add your chicken, cooking until it isn't pink in the center. Remove from heat.
3. Turn a muffin tin upside down, and fold wonton wrappers into a taco shape between the cups. Bake at 350F for10 minutes, until wontons are crisp and golden brown.
4. While the wonton shells are cooking, combine the slaw, red onions, green onions, and cilantro in a small bowl. 5. Remove the wonton shells from the oven and put on your serving place. Place one or two scoops of the veggie mix into the bottom of each, and top with a scoop of chicken.
Ahi and Avocado Bites
Fresh fish demands warm weather and sunshine. Cut up some fresh-caught ahi tuna and share with your loved ones over a good glass of white wine and a sunset.
Ahi tuna, cubed
1/2 Tbsp. Red onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice Ginger, thinly sliced Soy sauce, for dipping
1. In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, red onion, and lemon juice.
2. Scoop a bit of the avocado mixture onto a ginger slice, then stick a toothpick through the avocado and ginger and into an ahi cube. Repeat until you have your desired amount.
3. Serve with soy sauce for dipping. You can also add wasabi to spice it up!
Raw Zucchini Roll-Ups
Lighten up your lunches with these raw veggie roll-ups, and we guarantee you'll have a new favorite warm-weather snack!
Zucchini Red pepper, thinly sliced
Carrots, thinly sliced Purple cabbage, thinly sliced Fresh Basil Greek
Yogurt Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
1. Slice your zucchini lengthwise into thin strips that can be rolled up. This can also be done easily with a mandolin slicer, if you have one on hand. 2. Following the directions on your ranch mix, combine with the greek yogurt to make your dip. Spread roughly 1 Tbsp of the ranch mix onto one side of each of your zucchini strips. 3. Work on only 1/4 of your zucchini, starting from the end, lay down your basil, then your peppers and carrots, then your sprouts. 4. Roll up your zucchini, starting with the end with the veggies, then secure with a toothpick.
Larry's Avocado Cucumber Salad
Mix up this fresh chopped Summer salad and bring it to your next dinner party or potluck BBQ!
Red Onion, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1. Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in a large salad bowl and mix until just integrated.
2. Add your avocado and gently toss, to combine without mashing the avocado.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper, and toss with your hands or salad spoons.
4. Add 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice and gently mix. Serve immediately.
Fresh Fruit Pops
This popsicle-meets-smoothie combo is the perfect sweet and tart treat to keep you cool this Summer.
1/2 C strawberries
1/2 C raspberries
1/2 pineapple chunks
In a food processor or blender, puree each fruit. Be sure to puree the pineapple and mangos together, and strawberries and raspberries together for color consistency. Pour each fruit puree into popsicle mold until you have 3 fruit layers in each mold. Insert a popsicle stick, or place popsicle mold stick/cap on, and place in your freezer for at least 40-50 minutes or until your fruit pop is completely frozen. If they don't remove easily from the mold, try running warm water over the base of the mold to unfreeze the fruit from the sides, and your fresh fruit pops should slide right out.
3-Ingredient Clean Cookies
Still can't kick that sweet tooth but want to keep your body in Summer-shape? Thes 3-ingredient cookies are a healthy alternative to a universal favorite, and even make a great on-the-go breakfast!
1 C. Rolled Oats
2 Ripe bananas
1 1/2 Tbsp. Dried or fresh fruit
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas completely, then fold in the oats bit by bit. Once the oats and bananas are combined, stir in the addition of your choice -- raisins, dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, etc. Scoop onto a cookie sheet and smash into round "cookies," then bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
Uncork a bottle of Chardonnay and enjoy the sunshine and Summertime with the ones you love. We can't wait either!
Originally published: 6/14/2018
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We guarantee your satisfaction. If you or your recipients are not 100% satisfied, simply let us know and we'll make it right!
Shop with confidence