Wine-Soaked Blackberries and Honey Baked Brie
Brie cheese wheel
Bold Red Wine, like Merlot
Pinch of Salt
Optional: Basil leaves for garnish
1. Wash and dry your blackberries thoroughly, and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Pour your red wine into the bowl with the blackberries, making sure that the berries are completely submerged. Allow the berries to soak for a minimum of 1 hour, but the longer, the better!
2. Preheat your oven to 350°. Slice your French bread diagonally into slices and spread out on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until toasted to a lightly golden-brown; this can be done at the same time your brie is baking.
3. Remove the brie cheese from its packaging and cut the rind off all sides, then place it in an oven-safe dish. Top with an even layer of honey.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until semi-melty, and remove. Place the wine-soaked blackberries on top, and put back into the oven for another 5-8 minutes. (Don't toss the wine - drink it instead, as it will now be similar to blackberry sangria! YUM!)
5. Add additional honey and whole basil leaves if desired, and serve.