Monday, November 21, 2016 • Recipes
We here at Wine Country Gift Baskets love wine. We love wine. Really. So it's no surprise that we've found ways to work wine into our favorite cocktails -- because what can't be improved upon with a little Pinot or Rosé? With the holiday season upon us, wine is being served at just about every dinner party or get-together with friends, and even us wine lovers might need to mix it up a little. So we tapped into the expertise of our staff and asked around for their favorite wine cocktail recipes that you may not have known existed, and are sharing three of our favorites with you below! Whether you're Team Red or Team White, and no matter what your liquor of choice, one of these is sure to be right up your alley.
New Year's Eve may not quite be on the horizon just yet, but it's not too far out of reach. It's a universal truth that nothing rings in the new year like a good glass of bubbly, but if you'd prefer a refreshing cocktail, you don't have to sacrifice the NYE spirit! This white wine cocktail is about to be the hit of the party.
(makes 1 pitcher)
1 C. Tequila
1 Bottle Champagne or Sparkling Wine
1/2 C. Triple Sec
1 C. Lime Juice
Limes for garnish
Course Sugar to rim the glasses
1. Combine the lime juice, tequila, and triple sec together in a pitcher.
2. Rim the glasses with a lime wedge or lime juice, and dip in the course sugar.
3. Fill each glass a little over halfway with the margarita mixture and top with the champagne.
Pinot Grigio Mojito
Crisp, cool, and deliciously tart -- three words that apply to both a chilled glass of Pinot and a minty mojito. These two were made to be together, so prepare make seconds!
(Makes 1 drink)
1/2 C. Pinot Grigio, or white wine of your choice
1/3 C. Club Soda, or Lime-flavored Sparkling Water
1 tsp. Agave
7 Mint Leaves
Juice of 1/4 Lime
1. Combine the lime juice and mint leaves in a glass and lightly muddle.
2. Add the agave and wine, and stir.
3. Add the club soda or sparkling water and ice, and lightly stir.
Cabernet Old Fashioned
We've saved the best for last! In the chill of Winter, we're especially biased to a good red wine, and what drink is more worthy of this strong, bold choice than an Old-Fashioned? In this recipe, these two cold-weather staples come together to make your new favorite cocktail.
(makes 1 drink)
2 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon
1 oz. Bourbon
2 tsp. Simple Syrup
1 Orange slice
1. To make the simple syrup: combine equal parts hot water with sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Add the simple syrup and cherries to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
3. Add the wine and bourbon to the shaker.
4. Shake and strain into a glass. Add the orange slice or spiraled orange peel for garnish.
We hope you get a chance to try one of these recipes, and can't wait to see your photos or hear about your favorite wine cocktails. Cheers!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We guarantee your satisfaction. If you or your recipients are not 100% satisfied, simply let us know and we'll make it right!
Shop with confidence